- Forthcoming Events
- Past Events
- Other Events
- Contact us
By joining the Institute you will be helping to maintain the Journal and will be eliglible for a number of benefits including:
- A reduced price subscription to the journal
- 5% discounts on IISC organised tours to Cuba
- 25% discount on purchases of books from Pluto Press
- Free or reduced price entry to IISC events and conferences
The IISC is an unincorporated association that is run not for profit. It is governed by an annual general meeting that elects an executive committee to run its affairs in between each meeting. A copy of the constitution can be downloaded below.
The aims and objectives of the Institute are:
- To ensure the provision of support for the editorial board and the editorial content for the International Journal of Cuban Studies.
- To ensure the journal’s continued publication in agreement and partnership with an academic publishing company.
- To organise public academic events independently and in agreement and partnership with academic bodies and organisations.
- To raise funds to support these aims.
A copy of the constitution can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
Basic membership (no subscription to the Journal) : £25/$40/Eu.30 per year
Students, pensioners and unwaged: £15/$25/Eu.20 per year
Subscribing membership – includes an online subscription to the journal: £45/$79/Eu.50 per year
Subscribing premier – includes online and print subscription £65/$100/Eu.75 per year
All members have the right to attend the Annual General Meeting and to vote.
All members are eligible to be nominated for a place on the executive committee.
HOW TO PAY
Pretty soon we will have an online instant pay portal but for the time being please send a cheque or money order to the following address:
International Institute for the Study of Cuba,
PO Box 1406
Please email your following details to
Name, postal address, telephone number, type of membership required.
We will do the rest!